During Covid-19 pandemic, if you have not nominated a pharmacy then will shall send your prescriptions to Kamsons Pharmacy in East Preston
Patient’s Repeat Prescription Protocol
- In general you will need to see your new doctor before you can be given any repeat medication.
- Your repeat prescriptions will be issued by the practice computer.
- Attached to each repeat prescription you will find a list of all the medication you are taking. To get a further supply of medicine, detach this list from your prescription and return it to us, ticking the items you need.
- Put your request slip in the repeat prescription box in the entrance hall.
- Repeat prescriptions should be ready for collection from reception in THREE working days.
- Some local Pharmacists collect prescriptions on behalf of patients. If you want to use this service you must write clearly which pharmacist you wish your prescription to go to, and you must allow an extra working day for the medication to be dispensed.
- You can also send us an SAE with your written request and we will post the prescription to you at home.
- You can also use our on-line repeat prescription request service via the link at the top of this page. Please contact the surgery to register for this service and you will be given a user name and password.
We do not take prescription requests over the telephone
- Firstly because of the possibility of error and secondly, because our telephone lines are extremely busy as it is. Please do not ask our receptionists to do this ‘just the once’ as a refusal may give rise to unintentional offence.
- Genuinely urgent requests for repeat medication brought in to reception can be done on the day, but patients will be asked to come back after 4pm to collect. Prescriptions cannot be issued there and then.
- We do ask that patients manage their repeat prescription requests appropriately to ensure that they allow enough time for us to process them.
Electronic Prescription Service
Willow Green Surgery are now offering prescriptions electronically. Call in at your preferred chemist and nominate them. Whenever you request a prescription it will be sent electronically to the chemist and you can call in there to collect your medication.
We like to review patients on long-term medication every three to six months. A note will appear on your repeat prescription request slip with any actions we would like you to take. The review does not always require you to see or speak to a doctor.